Monday, November 23, 2009

hedge balls and santa claus



we have had a great few days here in central illinois. so the human backhoe and i have been doing a lot of outdoor decorating, just cause it's too nice to be inside.

first a pic of santa on the roof......

uhhhh ......well guess not....it's the human backhoe putting the cover back on the chimney that blew off in a storm.

least he's got red on.....albeit red shorts! yes, it was that warm...at least for hubby.

while hubby was putting up xmas lights around the exterior of the house, using his 28 foot ladder in some spots...i had to keep busy doing something else. something about seeing a 350 pound man on a roof 30 feet up above me, makes me a nervous wreck. especially because he is my dear hubby and i need him around for more human backhoe projects.

so i decided to gather a few objects around the lake to fill my flower boxes with for the season. soon this......


became this (these).......



had a hedge apple fest....didn't i?....hehehe

4 comments:

  1. dj the "Santa on the roof" part of this blog entry cracked me up this morning! That first shot just tickles me. I had a husband on the roof incident last week but I won't go there. Let me just say your hubby looks like he knows what he's doing.

    Your Hedge Apple fest rocks! It is very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! You did a fantabulous job with those! They look wonderful & very festive!

    Tell hubby to BE CAREFUL!!!

    Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rural.....husband's on the roof scare me...i usually dont like to be outside when he is up there. i think i shake more than he ever would.

    tricia...i just keep my eyes closed when he's up there...he had me spotting the ladder at one point...ummmm....like i could really stop the ladder from moving with him on it.....lol.

    hope you both have a blessed thanksgiving.

    dj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog DJ! What lovely decorating you've done. I remember seeing those apples in Better Homes and Gardens but I've never seen them in person. Kind of funky!

    We'll be decorating for Christmas this coming week-end. I'm looking forward to the change.

    Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

living the log home life...........
thanks for visiting.