Saturday, January 23, 2010
chocolate FUDGE pie
chocolate FUDGE pie.........no kidding. this is no understatement...lol. this is a killer chocolate pie. when i read the recipe that only 1/10th of this pie is a serving.......uh i was like ummmm right......only 1/10th? give me at least an 1/8th(more likely 1/6th) of a slice of this pie.
oh my goodness....this is like eating pure silken fudge. i could only eat a small piece. it is like eating a chocolate truffle middle, to be even more accurate.
the recipe is from Southern Living's Feb. '10 issue. page 96 to be exact.
here's the simple recipe.......
1 pie crust shell
6 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares
1 can sweetened condensed fat free milk
1/2 carton of fat free cool whip
1. bake pie crust shell at 425 until crust is browned and allow to cool
2. melt 6 oz unsweetened chocolate in microwave in medium sized glass bowl, stir every 30 secs.
3. wisk in can of sweetened condensed milk to melted chocolate
4. wait 2 mins, then fold in cool whip
5. scrape chocolate mixture into pie shell and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
6. top with cool whip or whip cream .......i used chocolate whipped cream from rediwhip to add a garnish to my pie.
7. top with rasberries if you want......mmmmmmm
this was considered a guilt-free healthy recipe?.....ummmmmmm ok.....teehee. low fat sure, but i was in pure chocolate sugar heaven eating this!
oh and btw.....i did only eat a 1/10th size piece....imagine that......:)
silver pieces are from one of our local goodwills......the heart is especially gorgeous and a very heavy piece. linking this gorgeous piece to........
- ▼ January (11)