Saturday, January 23, 2010

chocolate FUDGE pie


chocolate FUDGE pie.........no kidding. this is no understatement...lol. this is a killer chocolate pie. when i read the recipe that only 1/10th of this pie is a serving.......uh i was like ummmm right......only 1/10th? give me at least an 1/8th(more likely 1/6th) of a slice of this pie.

oh my goodness....this is like eating pure silken fudge. i could only eat a small piece. it is like eating a chocolate truffle middle, to be even more accurate.



and



i.love.chocolate.truffles.














the recipe is from Southern Living's Feb. '10 issue. page 96 to be exact.




here's the simple recipe.......


1 pie crust shell
6 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares
1 can sweetened condensed fat free milk
1/2 carton of fat free cool whip



directions:
1. bake pie crust shell at 425 until crust is browned and allow to cool
2. melt 6 oz unsweetened chocolate in microwave in medium sized glass bowl, stir every 30 secs.
3. wisk in can of sweetened condensed milk to melted chocolate
4. wait 2 mins, then fold in cool whip
5. scrape chocolate mixture into pie shell and refrigerate for at least 4 hours
6. top with cool whip or whip cream .......i used chocolate whipped cream from rediwhip to add a garnish to my pie.
7. top with rasberries if you want......mmmmmmm




this was considered a guilt-free healthy recipe?.....ummmmmmm ok.....teehee. low fat sure, but i was in pure chocolate sugar heaven eating this!


oh and btw.....i did only eat a 1/10th size piece....imagine that......:)


silver pieces are from one of our local goodwills......the heart is especially gorgeous and a very heavy piece. linking this gorgeous piece to........

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Chocolate? You're KILLING me! LOL
    Looks so yummy!
    LOVE the silver heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds absolutely delicious! I love your silver pieces too. That heart is wonderful.
    Happy Silver Sunday!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...love your little silver heart dish! I guess the chocolate pie will last a good while with such small pieces being cut!

    Stay Cozy, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm coming over for a teeny tiny piece of that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh....looks so delicious and I love the little heart you found.
    Happy SS!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making me hungry teasing me with that chocolate pie! Cute little silver heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Save me a piece!!! that is a precious little heart pan....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your heart is amazing...just beautiful!
    Thanks for coming....see you next Sunday!
    {{gypsy hugs}}
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi DJ,
    Oh my, this does look de-licious! I can't wait to try it...perfect for Valentine's Day! Love the silver too...gotta love thrifting! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Absolutely yum!

    Though I'd probably use low fat Cool Whip just because I don't like fat free anything. LOL!!!

    Btw, I think it would be great if you showed us around your area a little more (like you Mentioned in my blog)! I know I'd enjoy it : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chocolate looks delicious, but it's that sweet heart that I'd take. What a terrific GW find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great looking pie! Thanks for sharing the recipe - perfect for Valentie's Day. Your silver heart is soooo pretty! Sorry my Sunday Silver visit is so late but I do love your silver post!
    xoxo...Kathy

    ReplyDelete

living the log home life...........
thanks for visiting.