Completed over Christmas break, built in media/wood storage cabinet. The driftwood (collected along the Ohio River banks) hinged door hides video and audio components. The signals from the a/v remotes are able to pass through the openings between driftwood pieces. The door can remain shut at all times to hide component clutter. The wood storage is ample and adds more to the authencity of our modern log cottage.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Rustic cheesy bacon ranch potatoes to serve a crowd....a Sunday favorite at our house.
5 lbs. potatoes washed and sliced (we like the skin on in our family)
1 tsp seasoned salt
0.5 tsp pepper
0.5 tsp onion powder
0.5 tsp garlic powder
0.5 lb uncooked bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese cubed or shredded
8 oz Monterrey jack cheese cubed or shredded
8 oz bottle ranch or spicy ranch dressing
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In lightly greased 13x9 casserole, toss first 5 ingredients.
3. Place cut up bacon pieces over top of potatoes.
4. Bake potatoes in oven for 60 mins.
5. Remove potatoes from oven and toss them with cheeses and ranch dressing.
6. Return to oven for 15 mins or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- ▼ 2014 (3)
- ► 2010 (40)