Monday, December 7, 2009
our missouri christmas farmhouse
christmas eve 2000..........
in our 1895 victorian farmhouse back in central missouri. miss the house so much. we thought we would never move from there, but look at us now. we have now been in central illinois for 4 years as of today's date. and yes we love our log home and the community we have chosen to live in, but.......
we just loved the old house that we renovated from the tip of the chimney to the stone foundation hubby dug out by hand and rebuilt. i think every inch of every room had our touch put on it, including each inch of every ceiling, wood floor, and plaster wall. literally our blood, sweat and tears went into the house. but life presented new opportunites for our family and we trekked eastward into illinois.
i can truly say that we left the home with a bit of our heart and souls still in it. we know that we preserved a historic home and count our many blessings we were able to do it.
- ► 2010 (40)
- happy new year
- winter mercury glass
- human backhoe's xmas present
- white stuff......ain't it pretty
- still waiting on some snow....
- i am not a knick knacky person.....
- norwegian inspired guest room
- our missouri christmas farmhouse
- paint by numbers
- saturday's axe-ing
- we really just need some snow....
- poinsettia topiaries and luminaries
- free for the next few days
- ▼ December (13)